- Posted by admin
- On September 20, 2017
The NumLock key on your Lenovo laptop will turn the right side of the keyboard into a numeric pad. To access use the NumLock key, you’ll need to use the Function key to enable it. This feature is not available on all Lenovo laptops, the Lenovo Thinkpads being the most prominent model without a NumLock key. If your Lenovo does not have a NumLock key and alternate numeric pad, you can use the Windows On-Screen Keyboard. Get Help to Use the NumLock Feature on Lenovo Thinkpads below.
Steps to Use the NumLock Feature on Lenovo Thinkpads
1 Find the NumLock key on your keyboard. Depending on the Lenovo laptop you’re using, your NumLock key may be found in different locations.
- If your laptop has numeric pad capabilities, the NumLock key will be found on the F7, F8, or Insert It may be labeled “NmLk,” and written in a different color below the normal key function.
- On laptops with a dedicated numeric pad (15 inch+), the dedicated NumLock key can be found next to ← Backspace.
- Some popular models, notably most of the ThinkPad line, do not have NumLock keys at all, because there is no built-in numeric pad. See the previous section for workarounds.
2 Hold the .Fn key and press NmLk. You can find the Fn key in the lower-left corner of the keyboard. The NmLk key may be F7, F8, or Insert.
- The NumLock indicator in the upper-right corner will turn on when the NumLock feature is active.
3 Use the numeric keypad keys on your keyboard. When NumLock is activated, the keys on the right side of your keyboard turn into the numeric pad. You’ll see the numbers and symbols that they turn into written on the keys below the regular characters.
- If you have a 15″+ laptop, you’ll likely have a dedicated numeric pad to the right of the keyboard. These turn into arrow keys when NumLock is off.
4 Turn NumLock off when you’re finished with the numeric pad. You can turn NumLock off and return to your regular keyboard functions by pressing Fn and the NumLock key again.
Need Help | Call Lenovo Customer Service Number for Use the NumLock Feature on Lenovo Thinkpads
Get Lenovo customer support under our skilled technicians where experts are ready to resolve and fix all issues. Communicate by dialing Lenovo Customer Support Phone Number +1-800-311-6890 (toll-free)available 24*7 and 365 days around the clock.